Sunday, June 7, 2009

Our First Camping Trip!!!

Holy Cow! This weekend was SO much fun! We went camping with a bunch of our friends and had so much fun! I LOVE camping! When I was younger we used to go camping with my moms family every year for like a week and it was always SO much fun! I have so many fun memories of camping! I know that I don't seem like the type of girl to like to camp, but I really do love it! We went with Jase and Whitney Larsen, Cam and Taiya Brown, Cam and Val Thomas and their ADORABLE baby Colby, Kip and Alisha Jackson and Ben and Toph.

When we planned this whole trip last week it was easy as pie, but little did we know it would turn into a nightmare the day of. We all checked the weather for Friday and of course it was supposed to be a lightning storm- not the best weather for camping...

So, this is how our camping trip started...
2:00- Cinnamon Creek up in Paradise looked like it was going to be horrible, so fiasco starts...
2:30- now we decide that Logan canyon might be a better option...
3:00- trip is canceled, maybe go to Salt Lake and have dinner and go to a comedy club...
4:00- now we are going up the canyon to have tin foil dinners, but no sleep over...
5:00- now the Hyde's and the Larsen's are sleeping over, but no one else...
6:00- everyone meet at the church and go up Logan Canyon... The sky looked pretty clear, so the other couples decide to go back and get their camping stuff and meet us up their.


FINALLY we all got up to our cozy little spot near Camp Lomia and had so much fun! We got SO lucky because there were really dark clouds coming our way, but some how missed us. I think that while we were awake we had like a totally of 100 rain drops the whole time so we got really lucky. It did rain quite a bit during the night, but I had thermals, sweats, t-shirt, two sweatshirts and socks on, so I was fine. Andrew thought that was a bit much, but I didn't ever get hot so I thought that it was necessary.

...Team Huddle on how to build a fire...

Fire, Fire, Fire

Fire, Fire, Fire


All the boys feeling so successful!

Cute Campers!
(Look how long my hair is getting...kinda)


CraZy CamPerS!
Our tent! This is a different one from the one we set up in our house
because this one was only a little bit more and was double the size so I made Andrew
get a "Family Size" so we can use it longer. ;)

My Cutie Patootie!

Our First Camping Trip!

Thanks to everyone who brought food and did everything- we love you guys and are so lucky to have such great friends!

So one last thing, my cute sister in law FINALLY got a blog and I stole these off of her blog, but I just wanted to brag for a second about the cutest little boy in the entire world!!! I love Dylan SO much! I am SO lucky that I get to see him all the time! He has such a cute personality and is such a little boy! He is growing up so fast and I can't even believe it! Amy and Tyson are such great parents to him and have taught me so much through their great example. Enjoy Cute Dylan!

Doesn't he look SO dang cute! If they put him in modeling I think that
Tyson and Amy could retire already!


H looks SO old here!
He is MY FAVORITE!!!


ENJOY!

5 comments:

Kip & Alisha said...

We had a BLAST! Thanks again for inviting us! We'll have to do it again soon. (I love the huddle picture.. :) )

Taiya Brown said...

Those pictures of Dylan are so cute!! And, yes we did have so much fun! I can't wait for the next camping trip:)

The Obergs said...

oh you guys are so freakin' lucky. Whenever we plan something, even if it's supposed to be the best weather ever, it still rains. We have the worst luck. It looks like you guys had so much fun, and I"m glad that you got a family size tent. I have a feeling that you'll be needing it soon.

Greg and Sarah said...

Looks like you had fun you little camper you!

Lithie said...

yay you finally went camping! we need to plan one too! i love the fires and the food and the tents, i need to go again before i start getting really really big and fat and dont feel like doing anything.
love the pics and your blogs are so thoughtful.
dude what happened on Greys that made u cry your eyes out?
i love the family size tent we need to buy one i like the big ones i can stand up in!
dude and the pic of your first house was so like a mansion, you can all it the Hyde Estate lol I want a huge house too and we are seriously going to name her!
OMG and your little nephew soooo freakin cute!!!! how old is he? let's hook him up with my niece Mia lol awww dont you just love staring at babies! i have been so obsessed lately.
ok i'm tired and i need to go to bed before i start craving weird things and send poor Levi out to go get them.
see ya soon. XOXO