Thursday, October 29, 2009

My Motivation

So I don't know where I got this. . .I want to take credit for it, but you know how when you are writing a paper or something and all of a sudden your writing starts sounding a lot like the research you just did- some how it seeps into your brain and you don't know how or where it came from. . . Anyways, I've had this thought for the past week or so and it has litterally changed my life (at least for this last week) so I thought that it was worthy of a post. . .

My thought is. . .
What can I do today to make tomorrow an easier day?
Now, I know that you have probably all heard of a quote like this and are laughing that I think that I might of made this up, but seriously the way that it has changed my life I could care less.
It has motivated me to not procastinate for even a few hours- and then after I get my task or chore done I feel so much accomplishment. . .I think that is what I love the most about it!
FOR EXAMPLE... I do my laundry on Sunday- I know this is not the best day to do my laundry, but it literally is the only day that I am home long enough to get it done. So, putting the laundy in the washer is easy, switching it to the dryer is easy, putting the second batch in the washer is easy, but when the first batch is done drying and is ready to be folded...this to me is like death! I HATE HATE HATE folding laundry and putting it away! I hate it so much that I have left clothes in the dryer til the next Sunday just because I didn't want to fold them! (This has only happened a few times... I think!)
So, when that does happen how horrible is that next Sunday when I have double the amount to fold! So, this last week I decided that as soon as I heard the dryer beep at me I was going to fold it and put it away! I almost died at how AMAZING I felt when I did this. I seriously had to sit there and think about why I was feeling so good and it was because I had just made my tomorrow easier! Not only was it going to be easier because I wouldn't have to fold laundry, but I woldn't have the guilt weighting on me that I never folded that dumb batch of laundry!
I really love my new out look on life and hope that this helps at least one person! Please try this and see how you feel. . .
I promise you won't be mad at yourself for being more on top of things!

5 comments:

The Obergs said...

oh I like this. I will take this as the message I missed out on at VT (sorry again!). And if it makes you feel any better I have lots of time at home and I continue to hate folding laundry. Actually I don't HATE it per se, it just takes so much time folding and putting it all away.

Anyway, I'm keeping "your" quote in mind.

betsy b said...

this is necessary:

you did make that quote up. and i am giving you credit.

second, laundry does suck.

but...my laundry tip of the day is...

don't fold it! what a waste of time. just take your hangers out of your closet after you take your clothes off them (i know you love to de-clutter anyway) then keep your empty hangers by your dryer so when you take your clothes out you can skip the folding and put them straight onto the hangers.

it's an epic idea. i know.

Kip & Alisha said...

Great advice! I try to do the same thing.. Take care of things right when I am thinking about it. Otherwise I forget about it and it doesn't get done! Sure makes life a lot easier! :)

Tyler and Emily said...

laundry is the worst. and it only get a million times worth with a kid because you have to do it ALL the time!

Unknown said...

Hi there :) I too love list making! I was feeling really overwhelmed today with the end of the semester being so near. I've had so much to do that my lists either become ridiculously ambitious, or I cease making them at all. After reading your post I made a simple list of 5 things I will do today and feel SO much relief already.