Friday, March 25, 2011

6 Months!!!

My O My! I guess we'll just make it a tradition that each month I will tell you all how fast time is flying around here! Jackson turned 6 months on March 21... Yes, we had a mini celebration... Yes, I did cry... And Yes, Jackson was fully aware about what was going on...(I like to think at least) Doughnuts and Sweet Potatoes- YuMmY! New Set of Balls! New Books! We love to read! I especially love it when Andrew reads to him. It is funny how differently a man and a woman read the same book. Andrew really does sound like a dad reading it, ya know, in a very... I don't even know how to describe it, but it is a total "dad" way of reading it and I love it. We read books every night before bed! (Thank you Border's for going Bankrupt, it really helped us celebrate Jackson's 1/2 b-day nicely!) 1 Week! 1 Month! 2 Months! 3 Months! 4 Months! 5 Months! 6 Months! I LOVE looking at these pictures because it really does show, not only how big he gets each month, but how everything changes. How his nice tan he was born with has slowely faded, how his face has gotten older and how much more aware of his surroundings he is. This time he was so interested in that ball and paper that it was hard to get him to look at the dang camera! Also, I am teaching Jackson a little sign language. I am teaching him MORE and ALL DONE for right now. He sometimes will kinda do MORE, but the other day he decided he just wanted to start talking instead... Watch! (This was having issues, so if it doesn't work, just believe me... or look on my FB)


He now has his M's down so now he is saying mamama all day long- it is SO dang cute! I can't imagine my life without him!

Now, one sentence that doesn't have to do with Jackson (kinda)...I have been pretty sick lately ;( The Dr thinks I have gallstones! I'm going in for an ultrasound on Monday and will let you know. If it is not gallstones then they think it is ulcers. When the Dr said all these things I told him that I am breastfeeding and he gave me this look like, "Why the heck are you doing that if your baby is 6 months..." Then he said, "Well, 6 months is a long time and most women don't even go that long so you might want to stop. If it is gallstones you'll need surgery and that'd be hard while you're breast feeding, and if it's ulcers the meds you'll have to be on aren't good while you are breast feeding and you'll have to stop." At this point I am bawling just thinking about stopping. I knew before I had Jackson that women "loved" breast feeding, but I never really understood it, obviously cause I had never done it. Now that I am, I love it SO much. I really really really DO NOT want to stop. I think that this Dr thought that I was nuts- but I really don't care. I don't even know him, I only went in cause my stomach pain was SO bad and I went to see the first Dr that I could.

How long did you guys breast feed your babies? And, when you stopped how did that go? I am almost praying that it is gallstones because if I am in the hospital for a day or two and can't, I can pump and I've got plenty of frozen milk that Jackson would be just fine... Anyways, pray that I don't have to stop, that's all I care about!

LOVE YA!

8 comments:

The Pearce People said...

jackson is so cute and so big!! I so hope everything works out so you can still breastfeed! I know exactly how you are feeling and it is so scary!! I'll be praying for ya!

Mrs. Micek said...

Oh you poor thing!! I hope you don't have gallstones!! I will def be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!!
I wish I could have breastfed Kendall that long! I only got to breastfeed for a couple months but most of my friends kept breastfeeding up till 9 months or so at least! :)

Jessica said...

I hope you don't mind that I'm commenting on this post...I found your blog through a friend's.

I feel really strongly about how important breastfeeding is for your babies. I couldn't nurse my first longer than 3 months, and I was really sad about it. I've nursed my second for nine months now, and I'm planning on nursing at least a year. DON'T let some GUY, even if he is a doctor, try to tell you what to do when it comes to your baby. You're the mom, you know best. If you want to keep breastfeeding, then do it! Even if you have ulcers and have to take medication, ask your doctor to find the safest one. There are so many drugs out there, so I'm sure there will be one that you can take that will be safe for nursing.

BTW, your baby is the cutest chunky little boy!

Brady and Christi said...

So sorry you've been feeling sick! That is terrible!! I nursed Emmary until she was 11 months and I only quit because we went on vacation and left her home. I had planned on nursing her a year. Do what you feel is best, you're his mom!! I hope it all works out and that you can keep breastfeeding. It is a sad day when you have to quit!

The Obergs said...

that picture of him with the balls looks just like your mom!

I'm sorry about your stomach problems and even more sorry about the nursing thing. You should talk with his pediatrician, or your gynecologist about their recommendations, because it seems like you should be able to nurse through a lot of situations like that.

Everything I read talked about the benefits of breastfeeding until 12 months. They say that the most benefit the baby receives is through 6 months, but they continue to receive a lot of antibodies and specific nutrients all the way until 12 months. After about 12 months, they're basically just getting calories from the breastmilk. So, with all that info in mind, I nursed Hazel until 12 months and the weaning was fine because she was down to 1 or 2 feedings a day. It definitely was sad when I decided to stop.

Best of luck. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help

Amanda said...

Ali, please let me know if you need help with anything! Especially if you end up having any kind of surgery!

I nursed Abby for 16 months. I was going to wean at a year, but she had a milk allergy so it was just easier to nurse once or twice a day. I am glad I did it. When I stopped I felt good about it. I would say don't give it up until you are sure you want to. You might regret giving it up if you have to stop before YOU & JACKSON are ready.

If you do end up with surgery or meds, I would advise talking to a lactation consultant. There is a great one at Treehouse Pediatrics named Kezia (pronounced Kay-shza). She is very middle of the road, which is nice. I loved working with her! She might be able to help you out with some of your questions.

Also I have a good pump you can borrow for a couple of days if you need it.

tyson and ashley said...

I'm so sorry you have been feeling sick! :( I hope they can get it figured out soon for you! I nursed Krew till he turned one and I am very glad I did! Don't let some dr try to talk you out of it! Only you know what is best for your baby and if you want to keep nursing him then do it! I would call your ob or pediatrician for the best meds to take while nursing. And he also didn't have any troubles switching to whole milk in sippy cups! Good luck and keep us posted! :)

Tiarra said...

Ali, whatever Dr. you went to is ca-RAZY! I bf Ryann til 8 months, and only stopped cause I was preggo again! Most Dr.'s recommend til 12 months, so don't even start to worry about it until then :)